Ricky believes that:
Enacting THE VERB ACT will be both symbolic and proactive in improving our elections. Therefore, Ricky believes in comprehensive electoral reform unlike any other, where all citizens are entitled to a series of inalienable voting and democratic rights—a VOTER'S BILL OF RIGHTS.
THE VERB ACT will establish (or further affirm) the following:
2) The right to a statewide, universally-standardized paper ballot, presented in reasonably understandable language.
3) The right to cast a ballot either early or in absentia, but no more than three (3) weeks prior to Election Day.
4) The right to fairly-distributed voting precincts based according to population.
5) The right to equal ballot access, public campaign financing, and equal platform presentation by qualified candidates as defined by law.
6) The right to automatic, online, and same-day voter registration upon reaching adulthood (18).
7) The right to a ballot, delivered automatically to a citizen's domicile prior to every election.
8) The right to a non-partisan election oversight commission tasked with transparent election auditing, and for all votes to be counted prior to the release of election results.
9) The right to an automatic runoff election triggered in the event of no popular plurality (50%+).
10) The complete and total abolishment of the Electoral College in presidential elections.
PASS THE VERB ACT.
Ricky commends the manner in which Miami-Dade County designs its ballots (pictured), particularly in the way it presents multiple languages within one streamlined template.
It is such that Ricky believes this format should become standardized statewide, modifiable according to the candidates themselves within particular precincts, districts, and counties.
Ricky proposes a fourth added to all ballots within the state—Portuguese, effectively assuring that Florida's four major languages—English, Español, Kreyòl Ayisyen (Créole Haïtien), and Português—are represented.
Ricky believes—wholeheartedly—that the manner in which our elections are administered continue to be a laughingstock throughout the developed world, and enough is enough.
It's time for a change, and with the firm establishment of a VOTER'S BILL OF RIGHTS, established by Ricky's proposed VERB Act, will take us there. Let's PASS THE VERB ACT.